How to obtain a Vietnam investment certificate?
Vietnam’s investment certificate is an authorization issued by the Vietnamese government to create economic activity in Vietnam. The process for obtaining a Vietnam Investment certificate was simplified in 2014.
The difference between the investment certificate and registration certificate
We must now distinguish between the two types of certificates:
- Certificate of investment for foreign companies: this is an electronic or printed document issued by a Vietnamese authority, which records information on an investment project. So, investors should first prepare an investment project and then make an application to obtain the certificate.
- Registration certificate, required for both Vietnamese companies and for foreign companies: this is a document, printed or electronic, issued by a Vietnamese authority as evidence of a company’s registration.
Obtaining the Vietnam investment certificate
The investment certificate application in Vietnam should mainly contain the following information:
- The investment proposal
- the name and address of the investor
- the location of the investment project
- the objectives of the investment project
- the total cost of the project
- the projected duration of the project
The investment certificate application in Vietnam must be submitted to the competent public authority.
Obtaining the certificate of registration in Vietnam
The registration certificate must contain the following information:
- the company name
- the address of the registered office
- the name, address, nationality and a copy of the passport or identity card of the legal representative of the company
- the share capital amount
To obtain a registration certificate, four conditions must be met:
- Industry sector: the industry sector in which the investment is made should not be banned
- Company name: The company name must not already be registered
- Certificate application: the investor shall have completed a certificate application in due form
- Fees: the investor shall pay the costs of the certificate application
If these conditions are met, the competent authorities have 3 days to issue the registration certificate. In principle, the investment registration procedure takes 15 days, then it takes another 3 days to register the company and to obtain the certificate of registration. When a project is particularly large, it also requires an agreement in principle from the People’s Committee of the province, the Prime Minister or the National Assembly.
Vietnamese-Attorney.com advises you from A to Z on how to obtain an investment certificate in Vietnam. Ask online for a free no-obligation quote.